10 Healthy and Handsome Guys Vying for the Prestigious Award
Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge 2011
A unique contest to transform a typical guy into a perfect gentleman
Please vote for your choice of eligible bachelor in the final round in November 2011
Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge 2011 is one of the most prestigious contests that large numbers of modern young men dream of winning. It is organized by Men’s Health, a monthly perfect magazine for health-conscious and fitness-loving guys. In fact, the contents cover a wide range of subjects that can turn a typical guy into a perfect gentleman. The magazine is committed to organizing a contest for men with the right attitude, confidence, and looks to join in the character-building and health-promoting activities. The participants will pick up a lot of useful knowledge on health and fitness, under tight guidelines, with close supervision from numerous experts in various circles. It is high time to find out the winner of the Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge.
Chachawin Unhanan – the editor of Men’s Health (Thailand) – will host a press conference about the Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge on Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 at The TREASURY, Gaysorn Plaza to announce the objectives and the concept of this year’s contest together along with the list of the 10 finalists.
Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge aims at promoting the healthiness and personality of modern men as well as encouraging the general public to take good care of their health. Eligible contests must be men of Thai nationality, aged between 20-40 years. Being single or married does not matter. This year’s concept can be summarized as “MARINE COMBAT”, which requires the Men’s Health guy to be good–looking, physically fit, and keen on advanced innovative technologies. They’re attention to social and environmental issues, and a sense of empathy for others will show off their multi-faceted characters.
Three big prizes will be given in this year’s contest: Men’s Health Guy Award, Cool Guy Award, and Innovative Guy Award. “Joining me on the judging panel are the famous model-cum-actress Penpak Sirikul, handsome actor Lieutenant Colonel Wanchana Sawasdi, and representatives from Fitness First and TrueLife,” says Chachawin.
The 10 finalists for Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge are as follows:
- MH1 Natadej Apirakkulsong, 21, a multimedia student of the International College of Silpakorn University
- MH2 Pataradej Sa-gnguankwamdee, 21, a Chinese major at Khon Kaen University
- MH3 Pataraphon Kasikitvorakul, 25, a multi-talented businessman who is also a Chinese tutor and professional dancer. He obtained a degree in business administration from Xiamen University in Shanghai, China
- MH4 Rattanaskul Ployprommart, 21, a business administration student at Ramkhamhaeng University
- MH5 Sergeant Major Itthipon Wandee, 23, a mass communications graduate of Ramkhamhaeng University
- MH6 Kanokthon Praneeprachachon, 27, a doctor from Siriraj Medical School
- MH7 Rut Navapraditkul, 20, a fine arts student at Assumption University
- MH8 Teera Patanasakdikul, 25, a business owner and mass communications graduate majoring in advertising at Bangkok University
- MH9 Saribut Sukhumpanipet, 23,a senior student of Multi Media Design, Bangkok University
- MH10 Paramet Yimlamai, 23, a senior student of mass communications at Bangkok University
From now till the end of October, before the awards ceremony in November, all these charming contestants will participate in many challenging activities that have been carefully and specially designed to test and promote their skills and knowledge. For example, there will be a big memorable match between this year’s contestants and their predecessors. An award entitled Man of the Match
will be given after the contest. The contestants will have to cook a dish of their own choice. This activity is designed to test their independence after a big day full of fun and strenuous activities. Also to be assessed is their physical and mental strength and leadership skills. They will have to choose some wines to accompany special dishes and apparel for special functions. In short, both their physical and mental skills will be thoroughly tested.
To highlight the concept “MARINE COMBAT”, a leadership camp to promote their endurance, unity, teamwork, creative thinking and wit will be held at the Naval Base in the Sattahip District of Chonburi Province. Undoubtedly, the camp will be an unforgettable experience for all the finalists.
Criteria for selecting the right contestant for the three prestigious awards are as follows:
Men’s Health Guy Award
– 30% of total votes from four channels: http://menshealth.truelife.com, ballots from 17 branches of Fitness First, postcards sent in from Men’s Health magazine, and SMSs
– 70% from the judges: physical development 20 points, personality development and mental balance 20 points, fashion style and self-grooming 30 points, with social and environmental awareness counting for another 30 points.
Cool Guy Award
– 40% of total votes from four channels: http://menshealth.truelife.com, ballots from 17 branches of Fitness First, postcards sent in from Men’s Health magazine, and SMSs
– 60% from the judges: physical development 20 points, personality development and mental balance 20 points, fashion style and self-grooming 20 points, while having a unique character counts for 40 points.
Innovative Guy Award
– 50% of total votes from four channels: http://menshealth.truelife.com, ballots from 17 branches of Fitness First, postcards sent in from Men’s Health magazine, and SMSs
– 50% from judges: physical development 20 points, health maintenance and mental balance 20 points, fashion style and self-grooming 20 points, with innovative ideas and knowledge of advanced technology and digital development accounting for 40 points.
All the votes will be arranged in a respective order. The contestant with the highest number of votes will be the winner of the Men’s Health Guys Challenge 2011 award; the contestant with the second highest votes will be Cool Guy 2011; and the contestant with the third highest votes will be Innovative Guy 2011.
Men’s Health Thailand magazine is a monthly magazine for health and exercise loving people. Its extensive information and useful tips are designed to practical. The contents cover crucial information that all men need to know, from health, fitness and athletic activities to nutrition and weight loss, sex and relationships, lifestyles and travel, career advice, fashion and dealing with stress. In short, Men’s Health Thailand magazine is the perfect choice of publication for all men who pay attention to their well-being and personal development.
Please kindly be a part of this contest and follow all the activities of the 10 finalists of Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge 2011 contest by reading Men’s Health magazine from July to December issues, 2011, or visit our website http://menshealth.truelife.com and watch the program entitled Food & Health Gang every Saturday at 4.00 PM (starting on August 6th) on True Vision 67. Only a few months from now, we will know who is the next eligible bachelor in the dreams of young ladies when the name of the winner of Men’s Health Guys’ Challenge 2011 is announced in November.